Neta is loving..... The Skinny Confidential

I am so excited to do a collaboration post with my friend and fellow blogger Lauryn-  She run's the successful Skinny Confidential blog- my one stop shop for healthy snacks, exercises and motivation. 

 [ Lauryn the beauty + brains behind The Skinny Confidential


- What "the" workout that will get us in bikini ready season?

My focus point is the abs. If you're going to be in a bikini, the first thing people will look at is your rock solid abs. Tips for attaining that 6-pack? Abs are easy - pleazy, you just have to work at it. That means a little work each day. Pilates is amazing for abs; 40 minutes, 3 times a week and you won't believe the results. If you're strapped for cash, get on the ground and do this: 3 sets of 30 of bicycle sit-ups, 3 sets of 30 of regular sit-ups, 3 sets of 30 (15 on each side) of scissors (lying on your back scissoring your legs, keep your legs stick straight, and take the tension out of neck by placing it in the abs). Also, before an event, cut alcohol (I know, I know, it sucks) for three to four days. I also swear by this cleanse and this diuretic before I am bikini ready. 



- From your blog it looks like you love to host- what's an easy health conscious cocktail and app you'd recommend for a get together?

I do love to host. However, I also love to stay home and cook for my dog & boyfriend. Just because I am cooking for two, doesn't mean there should be no effort. I light candles around the house, make fresh cocktails, build a fire, & cook clean, healthy dishes at least four nights a week. People say they don't have time. Make time. Little details go a long way. My step-mom, Julie has a blog, Burlap and Crystal, and her motto is one I have adapted:  make everyday an event. Go the extra mile. 





Ok back to the question...I love an easy, pretty appetizer. Think this bruschetta recipe or veggies, fresh cheeses, red grapes, mini pickles (Cornichons are the best!), & whole wheat crackers paired with a crisp bottle of white wine. 

[ TSC Bruschetta ]

For a health conscious cocktail, I recommend a Rosemary Gin Fizz. It's my favorite & super simple: muddle 2 rosemary stems, 2 slices of cucumber, & 1/2 ounce of homemade simple syrup in a martini shaker. Add gin (I prefer Hendrink's gin). Then add 3/4 fresh squeeze lemon juice & 1/2 Cointreau. Shake and strain over ice. Garnish with a rosemary stem. It takes 2 minutes & it's a beautiful, refreshing, and a skinny cocktail! I may or may not have had one tonight.

- I know you're a fan of cleanses; what cleanse do you recommend and why?

As I said above, I love them. They're an easy fix and make you feel energized and healthy. Since your fabulous blog is focused on couture, cleanses are a quick way for your readers to fit into their couture without feeling bloated. Personally I believe they have the ability to kickstart healthy habits. If you're interested in my preferred cleanse e-mail me at Lauryn@TheSkinnyConfidential.com (this particular cleanse can be made at home or at a juice bar). 







[ TSC Cleanse Ingredients ]

- What's your best advice/ pointers for readers who are trying to ditch those last 5 more pounds?

Dieting has never worked for me. Skinny is a lifestyle. It's an everyday thing. I don't even think about it. I balance my diet like a checkbook. If I eat chocolate cake, I have veggies for dinner. If I am having cocktails, then a big arugula salad is for dinner. If I eat pizza, it's covered in vegetables. Working out, after a while, becomes like brushing your teeth. You just do it. Also tons of water, lots of sleep, & sweating it out as much as possible helps too!

CONNECT:
Twitter- The Skinny Show
Instagram- Laurynboboryn

No comments :

Post a Comment