| WHAT GOT ME THROUGH MY 1ST TRIMESTER: |


i announced on friday that i am pregnant!  this is my first pregnancy and am feeling blessed for this growing baby inside my belly.  being a first time mom to be I had no idea what my first trimester would bring: would i be banging my head against the porcelain thrown? when was it ok to tell people we were expecting?  what doctor should i go with?  Luckily, other than being exhausted 24/7 I didn't get sick during my first trimester, didn't have totally crazy cravings except meat (prior to getting pregnant I was a vegetarian) and have a few awesome mom girlfriends who helped me with their best first trimester advice.
today i wanted to share some things that got me through my first trimester... there was obviously much more than just this snapshot--- like a super understanding and loving support system (the hubs, my family and friends) and certain foods that just didn't look too appealing to the eye visually while creating this post.
i hope this helps any mom's to be in their first trimester--- xx
1. prenatal vitamins // i did a bunch of research and actually started taking these before we conceived.  they are huge and had a hard time getting them down but did it with the intention of what's best for baby.
2. prenatal DHA // i was taking fish oil prior to conceiving and switched to this prenatal style as soon as i found out i was prego.  these are super easy to take and don't give you a weird aftertaste.
3. water // oh so much water. i've been trying to drink 100 fl oz a day which actually hasn't been the hardest thing in the world for me.  pre pregnancy i used a naglene reusable bottle but after a nauseous spell one day i've been having a hard time drinking out of it again [weird, i know].  a cold glass of water = so much comfort in my first few months.
4. luna bars // oh thank the heavens for luna bars: they helped (still helping) me get down my prenatal vitamins and i love having them in my handbag when a random hunger spurt comes out of nowhere.  i also was keeping nuts like almonds and pumpkin seeds in my bag.
5. ginger chews // although i didn't throw up i did have spurts of nausea: these ginger chews helped me a ton... and i love that they had a little spice to them.
6. pregnancy pillow // this was and has been a lifesaver for me.  i am a total stomach sleeper so having this body pillow is comforting even though sleeping on my side is my least favorite thing to do.
7. mario badescu enzyme cleansing gel  // my skin was a total nightmare during my first trimester...actually it still is: so many hormones!  i was on an rx by my doctor for my skin and had to get off that.  this gel is gentle and has calmed my skin down a bit.
8. lifevantage perfecting lotion // prior to getting pregnant i was using (and loving) this regiment but my prego skin just wasn't having it.  i still just love this perfecting lotion so i've just kept it implemented in my routine.
9.  mario badescu facial spray // this spritzer is so refreshing after a face wash, shower or just because.  I feel like it gave my overly tired skin life.
10. pharmaca lavender essential oil // there are a million choices for essential oils these days: i just wanted a bottle on the fly to put a few drops in the bath to unwind.
11. mayo clinic guide to a healthy pregnancy // i went to my local library and checked out a few pregnancy books before buying a ton: the mayo clinic was one of them-- they give such easy to follow insight and speak in a first time mom needed dialogue.
12. tracy anderson method // this was definitely a late first trimester event but i will say i love it.  the set comes with 9 dvd's that you follow along each month.  I have been following the method and also have been taking bar method from home.
13. kiehls ultra facial cream // i love this moisturizer so much.  i've also been using palmers cream for the rest of my body... i was and am so chap.
14. peter thomas roth pumpkin enzyme mask // this mask was super soothing to my broken out skin and the smell was somewhat soothing to my queasy belly.
15. h&m leggings // ahhh if i could get out of my favorite pair of nike sweats i was putting on h&m and gap leggings.  it wasn't that i wasn't fitting in pre pregnancy pants but all i wanted was comfort.
16. j.crew wovens // same as above: wovens are just easy.. if was hot I was throwing it in my purse incase I got cold over an oversized tee.
17. j.crew slippers // if i was moping around the house my feet had these guys on.  LL bean also makes a great pair
18. minnetonka moccasins // the outdoor version of my around the house slippers. done.

a few other things i couldn't live without?  food wise: hard boiled eggs, oranges and cereal. in bed wise: my iPad, books (my mother in law got me this book for xmas & i loved it) and netflix & amazon prime.

No comments :

Post a Comment